Find out how you can prepare this rich, creamy cheese buttercream packed with a flavor of orange.
Rich, ultra-creamy, light and fluffy and packed with citrus flavor, this incredible buttercream frosting is made with orange curd, zest, and a special extract that has the texture of mousse and tastes just like orange cheesecake! Perfect for refreshing spring cakes, cupcakes, and desserts. Pipes beautifully!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Makes about 4½ cups; enough to fill and frost two 9-inch layer cakes or three 8-inch layer cakes.
- 1 cup (2 sticks/226 grams) unsalted butter, softened (or 1 stick salted & 1 stick unsalted)
- 4 ounces (½ 8-ounce package/113 grams) cream cheese, such as Philadelphia®, chilled from the fridge
- ½ cup (120 grams) homemade or fine-quality prepared orange curd
- 1 tablespoon (6 grams) freshly grated orange zest, organic preferred
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) Fiori di Sicilia (Flowers of Sicily) extract, by King Arthur Flour®
- 4 to 4½ cups (480 to 540 grams) confectioners’ sugar, spooned in cup, leveled off & sifted
- Natural orange gel based food coloring (optional).